CV and Interview Tips
PREPARING YOUR CV
We can offer you assistance in preparing you curriculum vitae (CV), however, If you prefer to prepare your own CV please find below some useful tips:
- Your career summary should be no longer than two pages long
- Ensure that your name and contact details are at the top of each page
- Start your career summary with a small paragraph summarizing your personal attributes
- Begin with your most recent job
- Emphasize achievements as opposed to responsibilities
- Use bullet points to describe your duties
- Identify your interests or hobbies
- Get Dressed for success as first impressions always count. Dress in the manner that is suitable to the Company’s corporate standards. If you are unsure one of our consultants will advise you.
- Ensure you know where you are going and allow plenty of time to get there. Try not to be so early. Usually 10 - 15 mins before your interview time is perfect.
- Ensure you know the name and position of the person you are meeting
- Carry with you a career summary for your own records, any references, certificates and previous work relevant to the position you are being interviewed for.
- Have some good questions to ask during the course of the interview
- Show genuine interest in the Company. Before the interview it will be helpful to have some background knowledge about the Company.
- Finally, approach the interview with the belief that you really can get the Job.
- At the interview when you meet your interviewer, look them in the eye, smile and firmly shake their hands
- Avoid any nervous gestures i.e. playing with your hair, crossing your arms
- Listen carefully to questions asked, Take time to answer correctly. Do not be afraid to ask for the question to be repeated
- Ask the interviewer questions related to the Job you are applying for
- Lastly, ask the interviewer when you are likely to hear whether you are successful
After the Interview Contact your consultant.